Thanks to social media, I see and hear a lot of silly things. But some things aren’t just silly, they’re silly and pointless – the very definition of fatuous.
- It is fatuous to lie when the lie is easily disproven.
- It is really fatuous to lie about trivial things.
- It is fatuous to brag about yourself.
- It is really fatuous to boast about things that are not important or admirable.
- It is fatuous to let foolish pride get in the way of admitting the obvious.
- It is really fatuous to pretend to admire the emperor’s new clothes when everyone can see that the emperor is naked.
It feels like I’m living in an alternate universe. If I couldn’t laugh, I would cry.
Drawing by Vilhelm Pedersen (1820 – 1859) – English Wikipedia (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Emperor_Clothes_01.jpg ), Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4038625